JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Insurance maybe? They might replace it I know asurion won't though
0 Likes
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope no insurance either...
0 Likes
kaboomgg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here, lost touch screen after the Samsung update UI 6.1. Important to note I had my screen replaced, it should not be an excuse for Samsung f..up.

0 Likes
userHsXe01Hjto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Not that anyone needs confirmation at this point, but I put back in my old, cracked screen and the touch came back so it's 100% 3rd party screens. The company I bought my 3rd party from is accepting returns and will replace with a new batch that apparently works...so it's fixable. 

With that said, Samsung not commenting on this is unacceptable. 

jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just had mine replaced entirely getting it tomorrow unfortunately they didn't have black but green isn't bad. Unfortunate I even had to go through Verizon but hey didn't cost anything
0 Likes
Badiee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks for that proof. It'll make the class action lawsuit that's going to hit them more solid. I mean whomever approved that line of code to disable the screens should be fired bc they will cost Samsung a pretty penny in lost customers and legal fees. Way to go Samsung, you are officially worse than Apple now in your greed!
sleepynick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
After no comment from samsung about a patch for this issue, they lost a customer. The accepted solution in this thread does not help those affected. I will be looking into new phones, none from samsung. Good luck everybody.
bdEPT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

yeah it is not google!  my screen has not worked since the update only my spen works and its so frustrating trying to use it 24.7!!  & like u said some apps u can only use ur fingerprint . and I installed the "update" after the 6.1 installed and it did not fix 1 thing... 😞    SAMSUNG have you figure out a fix? 

Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm calling customer support again tomorrow morning and bitching them out. I was kind and understanding when it first happened but it's been a little over 3 weeks and ZERO word other than blaming Google and I will not tolerate this. I'm having battery issues now too
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Let me know what they say