JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 01:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

263 Replies
M651
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

swipe down from from top of phone, click on "cog" wheel in top right hand side which is SETTINGS. From there click on magnify glass and type in "app info" to see list of your APPs.

0 Likes
userDE2C7Gi5Ut
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My 24U is down to less than 20% after a 16 hour day.  My Iphone would still have 50% or more.  I keep hearing how great the s24U's battery is but it's not very good , in my opinion.  BTW, it's just as bad as my S22U, which is the reason I switched to Iphone. 

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
To make a fair comparison, you would have to do everything exactly the same on each device. The best metric to rate battery life is screen-on time. Personally, I'm getting about 45 minutes more screen-on time on my S24 Ultra than on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. However, you should always give your Galaxy device a couple of weeks as the battery management improves over time as it analyzes your usage. Since I've had my iPhone for several months and the S24 Ultra for only two weeks, I'll let you know how it goes in a few more weeks. Either way, they both have very good battery life.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
It takes almost 2 weeks to learn battery habits.

I am getting about 10hrs of SoT.

Settings I use, Performance profile, lite, Battery, adaptive. AOD, auto!

ALL SOCIAL MEDIA APPS, deep sleeping!

Good luck, it will get better!
0 Likes
MiyakoTsukino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
The S24 Ultra battery dies / drains way to fast ain't no way anyone is making this phone last 2 days on one charge. You have to be a Samsung shill to lie and say otherwise. 
0 Likes
Austin667
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
This might be a phone issue, mine lasts forever way better than my s22 ultra, but I am having other issues not related to battery
MiyakoTsukino
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Maybe a software update could fix it who knows xD
EOGO
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
I have the S24 Ultra and I have no problem.
0 Likes
Mojtaba
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It is frustrating. As I was struggling between iPhone 15 and S24 Ultra. Now, after only two days, I'm sad about my choice... 

0 Likes
Ganesh_07
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Even when the phone is not in use and always on display is off and no interactive wallpaper still battery is draining.

not even getting screen on time of 4h. Night there was a charge left of 34% by morning it was below 10% without phone being used .

iphone 14 is far far better than this s24 ultra now i am realsing why did i switch to S24 .

will this be sorted out in next software update ? Or what is the reason for battery draining too quick

thanks

0 Likes