JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
userOBVzN7kBRu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Could be an app you have installed too...
0 Likes
Sardar_Yasin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

using the default app; no third party app is being used. 

0 Likes
C_L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Check what app is causing the drain, use the battery info in settings.

I had the same issue. It was my messages app. Forced closed it, cleared cache in storage, ran Galaxy app Booster from good guardians and it stopped it from draining overnight.
Tarrahs12
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Booster?
0 Likes
userhhtFd7hfWk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This helped me a lot. I already see less drain in the last 60 min. 

0 Likes
M651
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

OK was having the same issue and here is what I've done to make it slightly better.

1. Cleared System cache - by turning on holding "up vol + power" whilst connected to USB C laptop - didn't do much.

2. Boot into Safe Mode - by turning on whilst holding down "down vol + power" - this disabled all but basic apps, turn off airplane mode.  Had it in this safe mode for about 1hr to monitor and battery drain level seemed normal. Rebooted into normal mode and a few widgets (outlook calendar and a clock). Keyboard reset from Google to Samsung and now the battery level appears and heat seems to be "better", however according to "Battery Activity" it's predicting 100% charge to 0 in about 5.5hrs 😕

I'm guessing it's a rogue app or system UI draining battery which isn't showing in the Battery Activity app.

EDIT:

After posting this and using my phone a bit more, the fast battery drain and im down to 35% in 4.5 hrs

Summest
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

AOD works fine on base S24, but I don't have wallpaper display.  I only show the old style AOD.  Seems like Ultra is a battery hog.  My battery lasts more than one day and I am always on it.

Summest
S24 and S21.
0 Likes
hiress
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

2/6/24. I've had my Galaxy S24 for less than a week and this battery

dies so fast... Yes I have screen always on but that should be why it drains so fast.

iPhone has AOD/SOT as well and their batteries don't die like this. 

I switched from Apple to Android, this needs to be resolved causse I'm gonna be salty.

0 Likes
M651
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

SUCCESS in stopping the battery drain due to a rogue app!!!

Here is how I found the app that was killing my CPU.

1. Enable GPUWatch (via developer mode) to show CPU graph
2. Open Settings / App Info and FORCE STOP each app.

I got to "1Password", force stopped it and CPU dropped 90%. I un-installed it as I wasn't using it. Strangely enough I hadn't used or opened that app. Anyway it is gone and CPU is hovering around 10-20% whilst idling.

Now, your app maybe different but go through the process to find which app maybe causing your battery drain.

Hope this helps others.

0 Likes
Galaxy Knight
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24

What do you mean by open settings/app info? 

0 Likes