JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 Watch Overheating

(Topic created: 12-17-2020 09:49 AM)
AdamP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen about 4-5 times a day, not sure what to do, it's only two weeks old.

80 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand why you are concerned. I will be happy to look into this for you. Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you have, or the model code and IMEI number of the watch. http://bit.ly/2XERsky                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
RMBarr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wifes watch has the overheating warning come up on the screen twice already and she has has it for a month
0 Likes
MsMarsh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having this issue as well. I've had my watch for a year now and all of a sudden it started giving me this cooling message and my battery dies instantly. Please fix this
0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you have, or the model code and IMEI/serial number of the watch. https://bit.ly/3pE8Pkc 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

smartwatchguru
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

some steps you can take so your watch doesn't overheat

1.If you are not using Bluetooth in watch please close it.

2. do not overcharge battery it affects the charging in result damaging of battery.

3.do't always-on display even if you are not using it cause overheating

4.do not use watches more in the sun as it causes heating.

ram garg
0 Likes
userrTv3bhQRYU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have just bought a Samsung Active 2 watch and approx 4 times a day it overheats and stops working then cools then drains the battery. Can anyone assist to resolve this? 

0 Likes
usern5uAXwlpPx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having this issue as well
0 Likes
1X9U7X3A
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here! So frustrating! Have been a SAMSUNG user since day one. Never had problems. Purchased(My first) Active Watch 2 about 6 months ago & hadn't had any problems...until the "Great" TIZEN software update! Don't do it! A day after the update, watch started heating up, vibrating, turning off when it 90% charged. Searched info about the problem & noticed MANY customers experiencing the same problem...haven't had the watch long. Now, my watch won't even charge or turn on. I have original charger dock it came with & have even tried to charge it with my phone through Wireless power charging. Wish I would've read the reviews & these comments on here before purchasing. Never again! What are you gonna do about it SAMSUNG?! VERY DISAPPOINTING!
scjoe321V1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
my active 2 watch worked great un till a week ago. when ever I receive a call. the watch overheats in 3 minutes and goes into cooling mode. ever time I get a call. it overheats now.
0 Likes