Original topic:

Duplicate Texts notifications for the same message on Galaxy watches

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 10:14 AM)
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch keeps notifying me of a new text message but it's just a duplicate of the text. From the watch it looks like they sent it twice, but from the phone you can see they didn't. 

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I certainly hope it's as easy as this lol. I've received literal duplicate text messages before though. I have even received texts not even sent to me directly, but to friends or other family. Calling T-Mobile helped me fix it.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yikes! Certainly hope it's not that.
Options
Galaxy Watch

The duplicate text messages in the watch notifications are immediate. 

Get two of the same message everytime. When I go to the Google Messages app on the watch there is only one message.

Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I tried this 1st because it's usually resolved faster here than if I call my carrier. Although I may have to cave and call them. Thank you.
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
What text app are you using?
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung
0 Likes
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got a couple software updates, one on the watch and one on the phone. Then I tried to update some watch faces and my watch was overheating. So I'm starting with some restarts, and calling in the a.m. hours if it continues to act up. The hold time on weekends can be irritating.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh ok! I completely understand lol. 😅 Please be sure to update us here about the progress with your carrier!
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Chelle-E-Chelle Is your watch LTE and have it's own number? 

0 Likes
Chelle-E-Chelle
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes