JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 10:22 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

131 Replies
userpM4D6GqKca
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same thing happend to me.

Waiting to fix it Samsung as soon as possible.

Hoping so.

mikemckechnie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes - I traded in my S23 Ultra for the Fold 6, got everything set up and could _not_ figure out why my Gear S3 (of which I am very fond) wouldn't connect and sync. I was _astounded_, as I am a long-time Samsung fan and really appreciate their ecosystem. 

Sadly, it appears my watch is no longer an approved species... Samsung's eugenics plan is revealed.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Nothing, especially tech, lasts forever.  The technology on that watch is obsolete and not compatible with newer devices and there is no reason or incentive for Samsung to try to make new devices backward compatible, and they are not going to make updates for obsolete equipment--the hardware alone is underperforming and obsolete. 

Most people hate having to discard an object that is still functioning but, alas, it will only function as a watch only now.  Technology, like time, moves on.

0 Likes
Epic82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand the frustration same problem happened to me my gear is practically still new 

0 Likes
ItsMeMario
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you kidding us? It's a huge mess what you're doing here! It's ok that there are no updates or new features. But to put a brick on our wrist with an update is taking the p...! Either make the people with such watches and this problem a reasonable offer or even better withdraw the changes!

Mken75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung, how hard is it to make your products compatible with older samsung devices.

I enjoy all of my samsung products, but this does sour things a little and there are other competitive options out there to choose from. 

MantisLab_Canada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is disgraceful. Not only did they mess up translating their intent into English (AFTER 2024), but without a WEAR connection, I can't even load watch faces easily. It sucks trying to do that on the watch screen. It's just too small. How hard would it be to patch it? C'mon Samsung!

0 Likes
JuWä
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem with the samsung galaxy s24 and the samsung gear s3 classic. I think it's especially infuriating as I asked samsung if my watch, would work with the s24 ultra as usual, and they told me it would work.

If Samsung doesn't fix this my next phone won't be a Samsung

bfj20
Pilot
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Fit2 was happily synching my sleep with my S22 Ultra for more than a year.  I just bought a S24 Ultra and the only sleep information being recorded/transferred is the number of hours slept, not sleep quality or sleep phases, etc.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
userkznDYKJPty
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
REINSTALL THE GEAR APP! When it transfered to the new S24U+ some things must have gotten lost. My frontier didn't pair either until i opened the Play store, typed in Gear s plugin. Then it showed me what was on the phone. I chose the Gear S app, it updated itself, and now can find my Frontier. What I'm trying to say is DONT GIVE UP! (Pictures are of my progress)1707222170532.jpg1707222170547.jpg1707222170570.jpg1707222170596.jpg
0 Likes