JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health App calculates wrong!

(Topic created: 07-31-2024 06:25 AM)
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This app puts people's health at risk, if they count on the heart rate or sleep tracking to be accurate. 

Average heart rate tracking is completely off. How can my average heart rate for the month of May be 55 if it only dropped to 55 one single day? 

The Sleep graph is unusable, too. It includes 'awake time' in the 'sleep time'. 

12 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Awake time is shown in literally every sleep tracking system because you surface multiple times at night before returning to a rem cycle. That's just biology.
0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, and it should be shown just not as part of the sleep time. If I'm awake two hours every night it looks as if I slept well that entire month. That's totally off.
0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The point of a sleep tracking app is to track the "actual sleep time" so why in the world would the graph show something else? 1722441547894.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userxSHLkM1jVI No where in your screen shots does it say that the average for May is 55. You have a day selected in each of those graphs. Also you are showing "resting" heart rate. So that it going to be different than your average heart rate during the day. 

userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes it does. Look at the 12 months tab. I selected the MONTH of May. You cannot select just one day on the 12 month tab.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok I see that. But you are looking at the resting heart rate. This is only taken when you are inactive. It is not an average of all your monthly heart rate measurements. If you look at that value it won't show an average. It will show a range where your heart rate was during the month.
0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
But it clearly states 'Resting HR' and also that it is referring the 'Average'. The Min - Max HR tab looks completely different and it shows completely different data.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, it is showing the average of the resting heart rate for that month. Not the average of all the heart rate measurements that month.
0 Likes
userxSHLkM1jVI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was always referring to my average resting heart rate as that is what the screenshot clearly states. How can my AVERAGE *RESTING* heart rate for the month of May be 55 if it only dropped to an average of 55 in one SINGLE day? Please, please explain that math to me. It's impossible.

Note: I assumed that it was obvious I was talking about the average resting heart rate since the average heart rate is a completely arbitrary number that includes activity etc., and is not used as such for health tracking, nor is it even available in the app so I'm not sure where that came in. 1722636220304.jpg
0 Likes