Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userpmO3nB6QRs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a Blu-ray player BD-J5700 that is cycling too. Pushing the power button will not turn it off. Only turns off by pulling the plug. I can stop the cycling by holding the power button in, However, once I let go of it, it starts cycling again. I've tried the fixes listed as well and nothing helps. It has been fine and just started doing this recently.

userBGWE9UTU9n
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I find it very upsetting to see that it says you have solve the issue when all you are doing is stating that you're going to work on it. I think we are all set up at this point, and feel that either Samsung tell us when we're going to get a solution or send us a coupon for a new player. I think Samsung has enough money to buy us new players, unless all of your DVDs do the same thing.

A reply would be nice.

userMpqPAIutlL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I believe I read something bout a Class Action lawsuit. If they dont fix it, sounds like a great idea to me

userT6SkzckJRG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same. This is so frustrating and really damages my high opinion of Samsung and their products, and service. I feel we are all getting corporate lip service . They are weighing the potential costs and legal obligations before taking action to fix this. 

I have to spend more money now to get audio to my tv so kids can watch it. Super upset. 

0 Likes
useryvnuejpN7I
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two BD-JM57C BLU-ray devices that are both non-functional because of the boot loop issue. Any update or ETA? 

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Slayer99
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

System was fine prior to the 20th.  I'm sure this is all tied to the same issue that others are having.  

I'd like to know when and how this is going to be fixed.  If it's a root CA Certficate issue, I'm not sure how you're going to fix it...but I have a $400 surround sound system sitting in my living room that's unusable and that is NOT acceptable.  It's nothing more than a brick now.

userY2s3jlXPLW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is doing this too, when will this be fixed.

userK0J7vxN9YE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have same issue since the same time frame.  No sound on anything and Blu Ray function is in continuous boot loop.  Good thing extended warranty I paid for ran out a month ago.

0 Likes
Tinrudder
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ours is doing the same thing. Was working totally fine and now won't stop cycling and will not respond at all. Hope there is some sort of fix coming for this!

0 Likes
usergmGeq1OvIE
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5500 Home theater stopped working mid last week. It is in an endless boot loop. Every component has shut down. No receiver, or surround sound. Relegated to listening to TV through stock TV speakers. DVD player is about 3 years old. Found out late yesterday that this is not an isolated issue. This is happening to several versions of Samsung DVD players. Is there any feedback or solutions yet?