Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user3RyDyulPfw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

As of 4:50 pm PST Samsung service dept. is uncooperative, in my personal view. I am requesting to send my DVD player in and they can return it when it is fixed. They want me to hold on to it while they look for a fix. This has just become a "brick".  Got passed on to a "manager" for further conversation.

This is an "in progress' ordeal. wait times are over an hour long. Waiting to here back. supposedly to talk about trouble shooting.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@user3RyDyulPfw wrote:

As of 4:50 pm PST Samsung service dept. is uncooperative, in my personal view. I am requesting to send my DVD player in and they can return it when it is fixed. They want me to hold on to it while they look for a fix. This has just become a "brick".  Got passed on to a "manager" for further conversation.

This is an "in progress' ordeal. wait times are over an hour long. Waiting to here back. supposedly to talk about trouble shooting.

Strange. I had several problems getting past the automatic attendant and getting to a real person, but once I did I had no problem. He asked what it was doing, I told him rebooting all the time like everyone else. He asked me to try to reset, pushing and holding the effect button. Told him I've done that and that I was more than happy to do again. Didn't work and we went straight to gathering information for the return label and repair. Maybe 15 minutes total once I got through. Shipped off yesterday. 

0 Likes
Muckquomp
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Tell us, you (Samsung) are willing to replace players.

I was given two tickets (work orders I guess) plus free UPS shipping labels.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@Muckquomp wrote:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

Tell us, you (Samsung) are willing to replace players.

I was given two tickets (work orders I guess) plus free UPS shipping labels.

As far as I know, it's a repair, not a replace.  

0 Likes
userUTmVM6h5oM
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Sabrina, how do i get the mailing label to send my player back for repair?

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userUTmVM6h5oM wrote:

Samsung Sabrina, how do i get the mailing label to send my player back for repair?

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Well, I ain't Sabrina, but call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automatic attendent telling them Blu Ray Player and then wait for a real person.  Give them the information, answer a few questions and they will email you a shipping label.  Mine is already on the way.  

userZsDNrrc0gW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with my  home theater  ht

@The BOSS lady wrote:

, with the start loop, we will continue waiting for the solution. if the problem generates an update received the provider is responsible for solving

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userZsDNrrc0gW wrote:

I have the same problem with my  home theater  ht

@The BOSS lady wrote:

, with the start loop, we will continue waiting for the solution. if the problem generates an update received the provider is responsible for solving

all you have to do is call samsung at 1-800-samsung, get past the automated attendent, talk to a person and tell them that you have a bad blu ray player that is in a boot loop.  They will take your name and number, email you a return lable and you send it to them.  They will fix and return, no charge for shipping or repair.  Mine is on it's way right now.  

0 Likes
Mamatj76
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thats not a solution... been 11 days now since mine quit.. 

0 Likes
usernE7Z1kiXF6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am also waiting, or still waiting, for a solution. I don't have funds to waste on a new DVD player and we can no longer use the TV for Netflix after this error began. Would appreciate some real answers and more timely updates. Are you getting a no cost fix lined up? Are you sending out replacements? Are you letting previously loyal customers fend for themselves? What is the plan Samsung?

0 Likes