Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userJqnUUbFWNX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I think they have to get approval everytime they send out a shipping label for repair'. Also, no  cost for repair and he said 5-7 days to get it back ince shipped so probably just swapping it out?

0 Likes
Greyman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Chatted with Samsung support this morning and they arranged for a local partner to do the necessary repair, free of charge.  That partner has just called and a courier will be picking up my J5900 on Monday.  

Let's see how that goes, but it is looking pretty positive at the moment.

userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Where do you live if I may ask? Country and state please?

0 Likes
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I posted earlier but it seems to have been deleted?  Maybe because I included the text from the e-mail authorizing me to return my J5500W?  I live in Northeast US and have a label to ship it out to New Jersey for repair / replace.  I chatted with a samsung care pro they were very helpful.  I did escalate from the peer "expert" (their term) the chat started with.  

userhKrKXDmNJp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I've been told by the Samsung Online Team that they are not arranging collections in the UK despite me telling them I have seen posts on here from UK customers saying otherwise.

They have told me to contact the live chat service but I can't post a message on there. Tried using the chat on my mobile, Mircosoft Edge and Google Chrome and neither will let me send a message so that suggests they have turned the chat off.

SAMSUNG ARE THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND WILL NEVER BE BUYING ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN.

Options
Home Theater

For those of you that got  shipping label, did you also get a request that you upload a picture of your purchase receipt?   Luckily I have my receipt.

I may hold off sending my unit in for a few days to see if there is a fix posted.  With my luck it would be posted by the time I get home after sending it off.

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

No, I offered but couldn't attach in chat box.  I actually got from my Amazon Wedding Registry.  Best I could do was create a screenshot of that showing who purchased it for me - from the thank you note screen 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userIRGuV5nQxJ wrote:

For those of you that got  shipping label, did you also get a request that you upload a picture of your purchase receipt?   Luckily I have my receipt.

I may hold off sending my unit in for a few days to see if there is a fix posted.  With my luck it would be posted by the time I get home after sending it off.

Mine is 5 years old.  I don't have a copy of my reciept.  Yes, I expected mine to die sometime from a malfunction, but this isn't a malfunction.  This is the result of something that the manufacturer did.  Either a firmware update, or SSL, or whatever.  For this many to crash all at the same time, this isn't a malfunction.  

To me, this is like they came into my house at night, killed my BR player and then said "Oh, no warranty.  No reciept.  No Fix.  

Yeah, I'm getting a bit irritated.  The British Samsung page has a solution and links to the British and Irish pages to set up service.  We got nothing yet.  

Sigh.. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userIRGuV5nQxJ wrote:

I got 2 shipping labels, one for each of my BD-JM57C's.  Samsung did not ask for a copy of the purchase receipt.  What is your location?  I'm in NY, USA.

There's a lot of conflicting stories of our chat/phone experiences with Samsung.

Ship it back, don't ship it back.  Needs to go to a repair center to be fixed, doesn't need to go in for repair a firmware fix will be coming soon.  

Whether or not the player needs to be shipped out for repair might depend on which model player and what country the player is located in.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userBJZ6yOzqs9 wrote:

@userIRGuV5nQxJ wrote:

I got 2 shipping labels, one for each of my BD-JM57C's.  Samsung did not ask for a copy of the purchase receipt.  What is your location?  I'm in NY, USA.

There's a lot of conflicting stories of our chat/phone experiences with Samsung.

Ship it back, don't ship it back.  Needs to go to a repair center to be fixed, doesn't need to go in for repair a firmware fix will be coming soon.  

Whether or not the player needs to be shipped out for repair might depend on which model player and what country the player is located in.

I called service. They said long wait times. Cool. I selected the option for them to call back when closer to the front of the line. 45 minutes projected. 35 minutes later they called back. Back in line at the front. 20 minutes of non stop please stay on the line, you are next in the list. Then suddenly, dead silence. For 20 minutes now, nothing. Sigh. I'll give them a try later. I understand being delayed when several hundred thousand upset customers are on the phone with you. 

0 Likes