Home Theater

The volume is stuck at one level and won't change

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
user9KYx4fW52T
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the exact same problem! Did you end up finding a fix for this issue userczCBiqBsi5?

I am connecting a Samsung HW-Q70R SoundBar to my Sony 65" X95G TV using ARC.

usero7aYEvyhl5
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue. If I use my Nintendo switch then I can't use the volume button and if I go to another app it doesn't work. However, if I go to live tv and then to any other app it works. Any suggestions other than always going to live tv? 

userJoHWvfqKw2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have samsung soundbar connected to Samsung TV via HDMI (tv ARC).  This magically worked for me:

If your app like Netflix is launched, quit it by holding "back" button on Samsung tv remote. Then press "home button", go to Universal Remote Setup. Click "Samsung" and choose "erase". 

Let me know if it helped!

userC1ZOp9LfEI
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did you ever find a solution for this?

@userczCBiqBsi5 wrote:

Oh my god it's not just me! Did you ever find a solution for this? The CEC soundbar control mostly works - volume up always works, but volume down seems to get "stuck" at a random level....you can volume up from there but volume down always gets stuck at that same level until mute or restart.  I'm seeing it on a Sony TV also (xbr-x930e) and a Samsung HW-M550. 

And to the other replies...Yes I've tried multiple HDMI cables, yes anynet is enabled (otherwise CEC wouldn't work at all) and no, I have not tried re-pairing Bluetooth, since this is ARC over HDMI - it's not using bluetooth 

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm so frustrated. 

user4mlOfPKP8g
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the exact same problem.

TV: Sony Bravia Andriod KD-65XE8596

Soundbar: Samsung M450.

Connected via ARC HDMI. Volume level forms show on the TV. Can't increase or lower the volume unless I mute. 

Any help will be highly appreciated before I throw this soundbar in the bin.

Thanks

userPm2XKPFJXW
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

None of the suggested fixes outlined here work.  I am convinced its a software glitch and told Samsung.  Unfortunately, it fell on deaf ears (no pun intended).  If you don't have the problem TURN OFF AUTOMATIC SOFTWARE UPDATES.  I have thrown in the towel on my pristine 2018 50 inch UHD TV.  Bought a Samsung Crystal UHD  yesterday at BJs for $350 to replace what Samsung may take months or years, if ever, to fix the software.  Good luck to everyone fixing the problem.  I tried everything and nothing worked for more than a few minutes.  Buying from BJs gives me a three year warranty -- much better than the regular 12 month variety you get eleswhere (like Best Buy).   I am going to re-box the "old" TV and monitor Samsung's progress on software updates and will test it when one appears.   If it fixes the issue I will either rebox it or donate it to charity.

0 Likes
Solution
ikseoj
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Try turning it off then back on. If that does work...

The problem has been solved on my setup so hopefully this will work for you.  I have a 2016 UN49MU650DFXZA TV and new Q60T soundbar.  Wasn't an issue with my previous M550 soundbar, just with the new Q60T one.

First thing to try is to use the "Universal Remote" option on the tv to setup the tv remote to control the soundbar.  It doesn't seem like this should be necessary as all of the devices are Samsung but it did make the difference and the tv remote always works for the volume now.

I also upgraded the firmware on the tv by manually downloading the latest version from the website and using a USB stick.  This latest version wasn't available through the tv's interface.  I don't know whether this is necessary in addition to setting up the "Universal Remote" but it doesn't seem to hurt.  And actually the TV Plus additional channels are working again.  I did have to reset the Smarthub after this because the app icon bar got messed up but everything seems to be working fine now.

Good luck.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for sharing! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userjcE1CJnsNo
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This isn’t a solution. I just purchased a Samsung HW-Q60T sound bar and the volume is stuck at 17. I can increase but if I try and lower the volume it races right back to 17. And these “fixes” of turning off or muting the sound bar don’t work for everyone, clearly. I have turned off the sound bar, still continuing. I have attempted to mute the sound bar, but when I mute it, it mutes for a half a second then unmutes itself. 

A solution would resolve the issue for everyone. So, quoting a work around that works for some and not all and calling it a solution is not a solution. I really wish I had the foresight to dig deeper before I purchased this audio equipment because it has not been worth the cost.

So I will ask again, as many others have asked in this thread, is there an actual solution to this problem or will this be ignored? I’m pretty sure I know the answer to that point question. 

As of right now, I will be informing people I know to avoid purchasing this product and will also advise them to think twice before purchasing any Samsung product if this is how you address clear issues with your products. 

Hopefully you prove me wrong. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.