JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice won't stop Dispensing.

(Topic created: 02-15-2022 08:55 PM)
Datagg3
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone have the issue when ice dispenser won't stop dispensing ice. What I had to do was switch quickly to water mode and it stopped. Went back to ice and it began dispensing again. Back to water and it stopped. Ok, went outside and flipped breaker. Waited 5 minutes turned back on and water on its own began to dispense. Wife quickly opened door to get it to stop. While door opened, switch back to ice, closed door, ice maker began on own again, so switched back to water and ice dispenser stopped. Water isn't pouring out either. Turned on child lock to prevent hopefully from this thing from working preventing disaster. Sorry for the long post, but what in the heck is going on. Switch stuck? .. Hopefully someone can explain what in the heck is going on? Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Yeah, sounds like the switch is stuck. Not sure how to fix it.
0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, It sounds like you will need a technician to service the unit due to the issue reoccurring after the manual reset. You can send the model code and serial number in a private message PM Link or find a service provider Service Link in your area for repair needs. 

- Please Note: If you are having an issue replying with the private message link, you can click on ANY moderator's name and select the "message" option as a method to contact directly as well. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userO3MmvmPNDT
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Has anyone had any luck in solving this item?  

I have a similar problem to others reported here to Samsung, without a solution. The flap on the fridge ice dispenser cycles open/closed endlessly. Model: RF28R7201SR/AA.

This appears to be a common, long-standing Samsung problem, but haven't found a fix online. Also, I am having problems finding replacement parts to fix it.  I already tried changing out the whole flapper unit without any success.