Original topic:

TV screen turning darker/ black on the right side

(Topic created: a month ago)
Kelly dowel
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello my TV turned black on the right side while I was playing my PS5 but now it is not getting better I called the customer care they can't help me since the warranty is finished a week ago. Any advice how to fix this problem because now we left The tv for some days and will see what will happen.IMG_0026.jpeg

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@Kelly dowel It looks like the backlight on that side of the TV has failed. 

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
You're either gonna have to pay for repair or replacement. Most people choose a new TV since repairs are so expensive. But if it is something as simple as a backlight a repair may not be that much. You'll have to take it somewhere or have someone come out and look at it.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@Kelly dowel

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television. I'd like to be of assistance to you with your question. I performed an internet search for your Samsung Television.

Samsung Product Support Page: A Model Line Up (2021), TVs Support | Samsung Care US

Based on the screenshot you provided. I can identify the issue you are experiencing with your Samsung Television. I can provide you with information to assist you on what outcome you decide to make. Your Samsung is an Edge Lit Television. Based on this information and symptoms shown in your Screenshot. It appears that the lower right LED Strip has multiple failed LED's. Usually the LED Strips are connected consecutively (chained together) across the bottom edge of your Television.

Your first option is to have your Samsung Television repaired. Expect that the repair will cost almost half of what a new television will cost to replace it. The parts themselves aren't necessarily the highest cost associated with repairing your Samsung Television. It will be cost prohibitive based on the Labor Costs. Labor and the repair time to fix your Samsung Television is where the costs are highest.

I will also provide you with additional support options. Should you decide to explore repairing your Samsung Television.

*** When Contacting Samsung Support it will be helpful to provide: ***

The Full Model Number of your Samsung Television:
The Serial Number of your Samsung Television:
The Date and Retailer you Purchased your Samsung Television:

I can provide you with the Samsung Customer Care Information here:

Please contact Samsung Customer Care: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find support at Samsung's Website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

You can also reach out to a Samsung Community Ambassador ie: @Samsung_Moderator 

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

0 Likes