JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
userMjYGwYOfKy
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Ditto, wow. Go to apps, downloaded apps. Long press stupid apps, select delete, select yes to confirm. Sooooo many apps I have never used. No wonder memory is full. Pathetic...

0 Likes
usershVQjYiWJ6
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Also when turning on the T.V go to sources in the Home Screen and make sure  to click on your cable box( if you have one) and it has a check mark on it.  It seems that Samsung T.V Plus is a default/problem when turning on the tv and interfering with other sources causing the volume to freeze. Hope this helps as well:)

Options
LED and OLED TVs

Interestingly enough, I have the M5300 model and don't see the volume key getting stuck. 

Do you just turn on the TV next day and it immediately happens? What source is the TV on before power off and power on?

0 Likes
Samsung_ECK9q6W
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I've tried these things and they work temporarily anyone have a permanent solution  ?? This is extremely frustrating. 

0 Likes
Milhause
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello,

I have tried ALLLLL of the recommended solutions in this Posting...Nothing has corrected the problem.  I have over 25+ years in IT tech, so I also tried my own troubleshooting, with no solution found.  This is my 85 year old Mom's TV  Model UN40MU6290F Model Code UN40MU6290FXZA Version FB02 Nov. 2017...The issue continues and is becoming more frequent.  

My Mom feels bad when she calls me into her bedroom late at night with the volume issue so she has been watching TV sometimes with NO SOUND/LOW VOLUME....this is completely unacceptable.

I am watching this thread and hoping a REAL long term SOLUTION wil be found.  

0 Likes
userXm9wDXM6GE
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I just spent 2 hours on a online chat and was told the next software update to 1290.3 will fix this. Unfortunately this update is not yet available through the tv. They sent me instructions to download to my laptop, then copy to USB drive then download to tv. Too complicated for me. They offered to do it for me if I gave access to my laptop and my tv.

Sorry, not comfortable with that. I was told "we do not have any reported issue regarding this.\n\nHowever, thanks to bringing issue to us and I'll forward this to the dedicated team." From reading this forum, it seems to me like Samsung has known about this issue for months. Not too confident the update will fix it.

user1fRoqOneD1
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Your internal storage is full and causing app and volume crashes.

The only solution is to plug in an external USB drive, reset smart hub, and set everything to factory settings,  then reinstall the apps to the USB when it asks you.  It is a problem with apps and volume and updates as they dont work when the space is full on the very very limited storage on the tv. It's the only thing i found to work. 

usershVQjYiWJ6
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

My previous methods only worked for a couple days. I actually did the factory reset and no freezing for maybe a couple weeks now. Yeah the problem seems to lie with the memory and the apps and an external memory will help as well. To reset go to settings> then  support> then self diagnosis> Then reset. Default code to reset is 0000. Follow prompts and set a few things up again. Hope this helps you as well. Good luck.

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Please let us know if it works out for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
usershVQjYiWJ6
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

My previous methods only worked for a couple days. I actually did the factory reset and no freezing for maybe a couple weeks now. Yeah the problem seems to lie with the memory and the apps and an external memory will help as well. To reset go to settings> then  support> then self diagnosis> Then reset. Default code to reset is 0000. Follow prompts and set a few things up again. Hope this helps you as well. Good luck.

0 Likes