TV won't recognize/control my cable box

(Topic created: 06-13-2024 10:30 AM)
Mocha0704
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
TV: Q60C
Cable Box: Xfinity XG1v4-A Model; AX014ANM

The first day I got the TV and connected the cable box to it, the TV recognized that it was Xfinity and showed it, but then it changed to HDMI 2 and when I tried unplugging and plugging it back it, it doesn't recognize it and when I do the universal remote setup and put in the model it still can't recognize it. Is anyone else experiencing this?
11 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Have you tried to perform a factory reset of your TV and start over?
0 Likes
Mocha0704
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes, it still did the same thing
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Have you tried to put the cable box in HDMI 1, HDMI 2 is the E ARC, for a sound bar
0 Likes
Mocha0704
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes
0 Likes
Solution
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Try this, unplug everything. Power first, HDMI cables. Then wait 30 minutes, plug everything back in, power first, then HDMI cables.
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

What length is the HDMI cable?  Longer than 2m may not work. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Mocha0704
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Mine is only 3 ft.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

It could still  be the cables so I would try another if you have one. 

FYI, I did a little research recently and found a couple of articles on HDMI, specifically addressing long cable but I was surprised to find out that the most reliable length is 6'(2m)...interesting.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
It worked for you, Yay. This is more common than you would think it would be. It has happened on every TV I have owned.
0 Likes