JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700) screen brightness can not be changed

(Topic created: 06-19-2020 06:08 AM)
userFFbulVxy9z
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

The screen brightness can not be changed. Neither in the settings, nor on the buttons. All updates are installed. Graphics and monitor drivers are also up to date. Is this problem known? What else can I do?

13 Replies
usernPjTNVbwDi
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Now I cannot even see that it is turned on due to the blank screen on power up. I see a flash of green like the display is burned up.  I have no idea how to fix this other than smashing it with a sledgehammer.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Tablets

Thank you for reaching out. I would recommend a service repair. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userNJQmw1Yol2
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

"The brightness can be controlled again. what exactly it was now I can not say"

It's the firmware --  It must be updated before brightness controls et cetera will function properly.

0 Likes
userNXp6yQ17fK
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

Brightness controls etc. may not function correctly until you update the Samsung Firmware, see "Patch, Others (Intel CPUs Software Update) ver P14HAB" via the Support Page for model SM-W700NZWATGY.