Washers and Dryers

Dryer won't stop model dv5471aew

JUMP TO SOLUTION
100 Replies
userBRuzoivYFQ
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

After the OP mentioned the thermistor I ordered one.  When I went to replace it I found that the old and new one had the same readings so no problem there.  

Baffled, I checked the heater coil terminals to ground and yep, had a dead short to the case. It was intermittent but replacing the heater coil fixed the issue and no more errors.  

0 Likes
userhtk9veBAw0
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm having same issue on DV448AEP/XAA.  Cleaned vents, replaced vent ducts but problem remains. Is there a resolution for this issue?

0 Likes
AlastairGrant
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had a similar issue with my dryer.  Heating element blew, replaced it and started getting the HE error code.  The dryer would seem to run way longer than necessary before throwing up the error.   After putting the dryer in service mode (where you can see the temperature) I noticed it would just creep and creep and creep until it finally overheated.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I had ordered all 4 replacement sensors with my heating element.  I went through and replaced all 4 sensors but continued to get the problem.  I saw a post on another form about a possible short in the element and when I tested with my multimeter I was getting continuity between one of the leads and the element housing. 

I tore it apart again and noticed the element was slightly over-bent on one turn and was touching the metal plate.  I believe this was causing a short and affecting the ability of the element to turn off.  It was simple enough to bend the element so it was no longer touching the plate.

I've now run 2 dryer cycles that have finished normally.  Fingers crossed but I'm 99% sure I've fixed it.

TL;DR Make sure your heating element is not contacting the metal plate or housing.

0 Likes
userEdKscdAkVv
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer is doing the same thing.  Clothes are so hot when I pull them out it almost burned my hand.  My model is dv419aew/xaa.  Seems like a fire hazard.  Samsung please advise.

0 Likes
Theresa8306
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having this same issue with my dryer. Is this a manufacturer defect? How do I get it fixed? This concerns me because I am worried about a fire starting due to the temperature of the inside of the dryer when the HE error code trips. Please let me know how I can get this fixed. I have model DV42H5000EW

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Cuevas-Frisby
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

There are times when I turn it on I cannot rotate the dial and change the dry mode, or use the temperature buttons to make it warmer. It will ding and the lights will blink but nothing changes. Restarting it, unplugging it, even with those there is no change. It will randomly stop malfunctioning and then resume normal on a dot. It's never timed though. I can get it to run, but only at the base setting and base temperature. It won't even go to timed dry. DV40J300GWIA2

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Do you recall which lights are the ones blinking?  Are you getting any visable error messages on the display?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userO5rZ8ef8lr
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My dryer  model # 5471AGWXAA would not turn off. Open door, goes off. Close door, starts back turning. Push power button, still turns. It stops when unplugged, but starts back when it's plugged back in (with control panel off, did not push the start button and drum is turning)

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
Sounds like a faulty power switch to me. You might need a service tech to come out. Is it still in warranty?
0 Likes