JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washing Machine Continuously Spinning/Rinsing (All Models)

(Topic created: 06-21-2019 01:58 PM)
userOZ8RL6hEby
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My wife has hated this washer since we got it. Sometimes it works correctly but most often not. It runs on and on with rinse and spin for hours. I have to shut it off and usually put it on the quick wash setting to get it to finish. I saw in your notes that there might be air in the lines. No air! Also reset the machine by unplugging the power and holding the start/ pause button for ten seconds. Neither fixed this issue. She wants it thrown in the ditch but as a life long mechanic I'm sure there must be a cure? Is there any recalls on this washer on this problem? Is there a fix for this issue? Thanks, Frank Ward

304 Replies
userA6uQ2vD4wi
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Help! I'm having. The same issue!

0 Likes
userYmmo7las0e
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same problem here.  Once the washer hits the 11-15 min mark it bangs, goes back up to 22 min and fills back up with water again, spins until 11-15 min, then back to 22 min.....and repeat, repeat, repeat.  Only one in instance I received a "dc" error but all other times I dont get an error.  The timer just goes into the endless fill-spin-fill-spin loop.  I have recalibrated it, the machine is level, and it is not overloaded with clothes.  I redistribute the weight of the load multiple times but it never helps.  Lately I end up having to babysit the machine and stop it before the next repeated fill cycle at 15 min and then hand wring the clothes out, defeating the purpose of the machine!!!!!  Then of course the dryer cycle goes twice longer because the clothes are still soaked as I can only wring out so much.  So incredibly frustrated by the poor quality of this brand and machine and disappointed by this seemingly widespread issue that has gotten zero attention from Samsung.   Cant wait to buy another brand and stay away from Samsung forever. 

model WA400PJHDWR/AA 01

userlT4VpdtDIl
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Did you ever find a solution?? I am in the same boat as you! Grrrrrrrrrr

0 Likes
userUoBHzVHZ58
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

We are having the same problem.  I can't get a service person to come and work on Samsungs within 60 miles of where I purchased it.  Frustrated and will not buy another Samsung!

userGqX2xuyPlf
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We bought our machine in 2012 and it has recently started having the same issue with repeated fill / drain cycles. When it starts spinning, it either gets unbalanced and stops with the dc error (regardless of load size) or it refills with water and starts over. 

Infuriating.

It also has developed the severe rust issue around the bleach dispenser that others have reported, which makes me wonder if the two issues are related. Such a pricy machine should not have these problems requiring repeated service calls. I will not buy another Samsung.

0 Likes
userZYmdYe2DsW
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue as above.  Model WA5471

@userYmmo7las0e wrote:

Same problem here.  Once the washer hits the 11-15 min mark it bangs, goes back up to 22 min and fills back up with water again, spins until 11-15 min, then back to 22 min.....and repeat, repeat, repeat.  Only one in instance I received a "dc" error but all other times I dont get an error.  The timer just goes into the endless fill-spin-fill-spin loop.  I have recalibrated it, the machine is level, and it is not overloaded with clothes.  I redistribute the weight of the load multiple times but it never helps.  Lately I end up having to babysit the machine and stop it before the next repeated fill cycle at 15 min and then hand wring the clothes out, defeating the purpose of the machine!!!!!  Then of course the dryer cycle goes twice longer because the clothes are still soaked as I can only wring out so much.  So incredibly frustrated by the poor quality of this brand and machine and disappointed by this seemingly widespread issue that has gotten zero attention from Samsung.   Cant wait to buy another brand and stay away from Samsung forever. 

model WA400PJHDWR/AA 01

0 Likes
useryBPhBW7MZp
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer is also repeating the rinse cycle.  Help

@Glo94 wrote:

When I start a load my washer will either repeat the wash cycle or repeat the spin cycle. If it does it when it is at the wash cycle it adds the water and then my washer will beep and then drain the water and add new water. For the spin cycle it will add water and never get to where it actually spins, it will drain the water and continue to add water. It was only doing this once in a while now it is every load. I have only had this washer for four years. I would like to know what to do to fix this problem. It seems like a lot of people are having similar problems with their washers.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

@useryBPhBW7MZp Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

0 Likes
userqxvy5ByFyn
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm hoping to get some help on this for my in-laws. Please respond if someone is currently moderating this discussion.  Model No. is: WA400PJHDWR/AA and Serial No. is: <Hidden>.

Many thanks in advance. 

Dustin

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Our recommendation would be to follow the steps in the accepted solution to send us a private message. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes