I'm looking for some suggestions or service help. I keep getting a "critical process died" BSOD on my new computer, it is about a year old. I noticed that there was a similar thread error for a model in the same family, but no solution. I have a service plan, but when I sent it in they said the problem was caused by a software conflict. The problem happened again after they wiped the hard drive and did a full re-install. This time I did a computer reset and It crashed with the same error without any programs being added.
The crashes usually happen:
- When starting up
- when switching to battery or powersave mode
- using chrome
- using adobe products
I can get it repaired or replaced by my warranty contract but they said if I send it in again, and they reach the same conclusion they will refuse to repair the real issue.
This makes the comuter essentially unusable, and a waste of $1200.
Samsung usually has good products but this is ridiculous. I need some help
Solved! Go to Solution.
Try these solutions:
1. Troubleshoot the device and hardware:
Go Settings > Update and Security > Troubleshoot > Hardware and Devices, then click on Run the troubleshooter.
2. Run command prompt as administrator, and run the command: sfc /scannow
3. Run anti-virus software to remove virus or malware if exists.
4. Uninstall recent Windows Updates.
5. Perform system restore to the state before the critical process died occurred if you created a restore point before.
6. Factory reset or reinstall.