JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 04:26 AM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

<edit> I can use a genuine Samsung wireless charger and it works fine all the way to 100% fast charging. Plug in any other non Samsung one it won't fast charge at all. Even after 95%.

Samsung replied to me using the members app and have apparently passed on my video and logs to research and development team and will give me an update what they find apparently. 

XGHOSTX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm guessing no update yet?
0 Likes
userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I love how the proprietary Samsung requirement is never mentioned in any of the phone settings.

userbixbysucks
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
and if you need a Samsung only charger how do the address built in wireless chargers in my cars? are they working with Toyota (and others) who install wireless pads in your car? both my 2018 and 2021 have these and it shows charging but in fact the phone discharges on the chargers.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Works with my 2020 Ram, normal charge rate. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userWZMB1vikvd
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Does it still work fine at the end of March 2021? Curious if a software update may have broken this.
0 Likes
Svenergy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Any word yet on what they found and or anything.  The fast charging all worked fine until this last update. 

user8l4146OGHL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My galaxy 21 Ultra arrived yesterday and i get it to charge with the Samsung wireless charger trio. The light display on the lad doesn't even turn on. 

The charger pad works perfect with other my Galaxy S8 and also charges my Galaxy watch 3. Any updates for this issue?

0 Likes
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Well I reviewed a response from Samsung saying that my charger isn't able fast charge. Funny that it fast charges every other Samsung phone I've tested it with. So ongoing issue but have given up with getting help from Samsung 

Brad_K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung need to get with the program and fix this fast wireless charging problem. My wife and I both have the regular S21 and both used to fast wireless charge on a compatible wireless charger. After the Feb 1st update both phones will show fast wireless charging and 5 seconds later it goes to normal charge.. Whats up Samsung??