JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone does not ring when certain callers call me

(Topic created: 01-14-2023 08:25 AM)
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi, I got a Samsung S22 in mid-December. When my husband or children call, I hear the audible ring. When others call me, my phone vibrates but I do not get an audible ring. I have looked at settings, airplane mode, do not disturb and they are all fine. Anyone have this issue and, if yes, how did you fix it? I am missing calls. Thanks.

14 Replies
DarthKai20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried clearing your network cache sometimes that can be a issue awell as it could just be a faulty sim card
0 Likes
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the suggestion. How do I clear network cache?
DarthKai20
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Step 1. Go to settings and look for general management
Step 2. While in general management select reset
Step 3 within the reset area there should be three options other then factory reset which you can ignore select reset the network cache (quick heads up you will probably have to reenter any wifi passwords after this as it will reset them aswell)Screenshot_20230114_110006_Settings_1000002086_1673715607.jpg
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

In my opinion this does not sound like an app cache thing but rather a spam filter/blocked calls issue. 

To clear the cache or more accurately reset the network, go to Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset Network Connections.  This will delete all your BT and WiFi connections as well so you'll have to reenter those if you choose to reset it. 

You might want to try Settings->General Management->Reset->Reset All Settings to put the phone settings to Factory default. 

Also check if you have a carrier Spam filter like Verizon's Call Filter.  That could be doing it as well. 

Let us know if any of this works. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for the suggestion. I am leery about resetting to factory settings. What will that affect?
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

The Network reset does just that.  Only thing you'll have to do is reconnect to WiFi and Bluetooth.  The Reset All Settings will revert anything that you've changed in Settings.... if you think that a setting is causing this.  It is not a Factory Data Reset. 

Are the calls that are not ringing in your contacts? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes
0 Likes
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
OK I did the network reset.
0 Likes
userZpjjvYnZvw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
If I do this, will I have to re-pair all of my Bluetooth devices?
0 Likes