Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 10:35 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

The Google fix people are posting will not work if you don't still have the original screen! Also I spoke to a guy in online chat last night and to be honest I think all of us with aftermarket screens are **bleep**. He has actually ordered a repair for mine as under warranty and I did tell him the screen wasn't original as that would normally void the warranty. It's a grey area though as the screen isn't the issue it's their update. I did ask about a patch update amd he side stepped the question if anyone wants a copy of the chat I have it.

Fairh_123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

/Hi,  could I get a copy of the Chat about tge grey area? I'm in the same boat

0 Likes
Fairh_123
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

-hi,

Could I get a copy of that chat? I'm in the same boat and would like to send it away to be fixed if it's a grey area and they will cover it. Thanks

/

0 Likes
TheSwedishTexan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Could be Samsung's tactics into forcing people to buy their new phones by slowing down the old ones since s24 series had issues like grainy screens etc..
0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Please fix glitch in update where S23 Ultra Touchscreen not longer works unless using pen. I have done all the troubleshooting options and been to Samsung authorized location and was informed until glitch in update 6.1 was fixed that pen is only option. Samsung PLEASE fix this glitch in the update ASAP! 
ozzyy75
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Did u go to settings and go down to device car and c how ur diagnostic is working.
0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
It says good. But I can't perform diagnostic on touchscreen because finger does nothing O Touchscreen does not work at all without pen
Members_FdDciqu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I called Samsung tech support and did all of these suggested (factory reset, clear cache partition, clear Google cache and disable Google...etc) and for twenty minutes all they tried to do was try to sell me a new phone over and over. For an an update they forced that broke my 1 year old phone that I still owe $800 on. I was absolutely disgusted and it doesn't seem like they are trying to fix the issue.

ozzyy75
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
Let me search on my part. I work for Samsung in Oregon
0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
so appreciative!
0 Likes