JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 09:59 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Replacement screen isn't compatible withe update somehow so gotta use s pen
0 Likes
rvcjew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ah and it worked before the 6.1 update?
0 Likes
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes
0 Likes
rvcjew
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Ya that's messed up then.
0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I've had 2 posts taken down about this and a private message from a mod saying I'm breaching commuity standards 

0 Likes
ShameonSamsung
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

T his issue has been a problem for a week yet Samsung is still offering the 6.1 update as I did it this morning and now my touchscreen doesn't work. Better hope no one dies because they couldn't call 911.

Members_Ft8pjE6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Exact same thing happened to me..all I hear is that the fix is coming. So aggravating using a stylist to operate my phone!!!!

Members_UclFg9W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

the only way to fix the problem is replacing the screen with the original the aftermarket screen is not recognized with the new upgrade

0 Likes
BriannaSegreve
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I had to pay $320 for them to replace my screen because of this update. Completely ridiculous as it was not my fault

0 Likes
hobbs9515
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I've been dealing with this same issue for weeks. Sent phone in because it's still under manufactor warranty. Samsung won't pay for screen replacement, because it's not the original screen. RIDICULOUS!
0 Likes