JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
331 Replies
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Just updated my phone and still no fix to the touch screen 🙄
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I had to order a replacement phone because I'm under warranty I didn't pay, was also told s23s were discontinued.. I wonder why
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have the money to replace anything unfortunately. It was a shock to even get this phone due to how much it was....
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Is it under warranty still?
0 Likes
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Unfortunately not it's a little over a year old and was told that expired
0 Likes
jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Insurance maybe? They might replace it I know asurion won't though
0 Likes
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Nope no insurance either...
0 Likes
kaboomgg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same issue here, lost touch screen after the Samsung update UI 6.1. Important to note I had my screen replaced, it should not be an excuse for Samsung f..up.

0 Likes
userHsXe01Hjto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Not that anyone needs confirmation at this point, but I put back in my old, cracked screen and the touch came back so it's 100% 3rd party screens. The company I bought my 3rd party from is accepting returns and will replace with a new batch that apparently works...so it's fixable. 

With that said, Samsung not commenting on this is unacceptable. 

jg9715
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just had mine replaced entirely getting it tomorrow unfortunately they didn't have black but green isn't bad. Unfortunate I even had to go through Verizon but hey didn't cost anything
0 Likes