JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
SweetBabyG_Sus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm also having the same issue. Any help would be much appreciated
BigBadWolf001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I am having the same issue
SweetBabyG_Sus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I've wiped the whole phone and still no luck
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
I noticed the bottom of the screen was not responsive and should have been a temporary issue right after restarting, but it works once all apps are fully optimized. The good news is that this is not a permanent problem, at least for me. A restart will resolve it, but wait for apps to be optimized after initial restart before forcing a restart.
0 Likes
SweetBabyG_Sus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Anyone having any luck yet?
0 Likes
cyberplanete
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

After hitting the 6.1 update, I'm stuck with the same problem: the touch screen is totally unresponsive. It's downright disheartening. Can't believe a brand would drop an update this messed up

Members_iguQpjt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Same deal with me. I woke up this AM with my touch screen not working however S pen works. Pain the but to text

Options
Galaxy S23

The only other suggestion I can give is to try going into safe mode, to see if any of the third party apps installed might be causing the problem.

Please Note: Many apps will be reset to default. Some custom menus / settings may be reset to default as well.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

0 Likes
TouMoua
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Im having the same issue after . Anyone solve This issue yet?