JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
userKoODUVqsW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue, anyone figure ANYTHING out yet?
MeganP3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
doesn't appear anyone fixed
Aftony
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Same. Told me to get a new phone. 

MeganP3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I was told my T-Mobile to bring it in to trade for warranty. Samsung should have to pay for this for everyone not within warranty period luckily mine isn't up until June. This is terrible and very inconvenient. 

Sam_User_2024
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Surely the reality of the 6.1 update is - the update has a serious bug which removes the functionality of utilising a finger swipe, forcing the pen as the single means for operating the mobile device.  Will there be a patch or hot fix to override the software shortfall ? 

userNjpkDbiE8I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
So who here has had the screen replaced.?? Dial *#2663# see what it shows for touch screen info
userNjpkDbiE8I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My phone is aftermarket screen. Phone repair guy told me samsung locked all aftermarket screens with newest update
userNjpkDbiE8I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
For the s23 models. My TSP info for screen shows NG
0 Likes
userKoODUVqsW8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
My screen is after market too...
0 Likes