JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
cocoflexme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Stop peddling this **bleep** fix that some people are mentioning. Clearly you're all trying to wish wash the Samsung name via these so called "fixes" 

RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@Lilith66 I have the S23 ultra updated to 6.1 UI and I clear cache partition and i dont see the problem on my phone

0 Likes
cocoflexme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Yes I think a class action lawsuit should help us all get this actioned as it seems that the customer service way is not at this point being taken seriously by Samsung. I for one won't buy any more Samsung products after this experience. 

I think we have some good grounds as well via The Right to Repair Directive, proposed by the European Commission in 2023, is a new law that will give consumers the right to choose between repairing or replacing defective products within a two-year legal guarantee period. 

RogerDM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

It's going to happen. I made a reply to OP message about it, but I think it was taken down immediately.

Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah i thought I replied to this original comment and now it's gone! Sad I can't remember what I said lol
0 Likes
Clairek31
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

My husband had the same issue with his s23 ultra and samsung was telling him he needs to buy a new screen from Samsung. We took it to the phone shop we normally use he got inside the phone, disconnected the battery and reset the update and it's working again now. I don't think I will be buying anything else from Samsung after the customer service received during this debacle

Badiee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
This is sad. Does someone have to die as a result of this issue for Samsung to take this issue as a major safety concern? How is this acceptable to disable the most important function of a phone, it's touch controls. In cases of emergency you are unable to react because an update intentionally took your phone functions away? You can't access your health apps because biometrics are disabled? You can't access your financial apps for the same reason. Seriously, I hope none of us are in an accident and need to rely on our phones to seek help.
@Moderator can you please let the forum know if Samsung is officially not going to recognize this major issue?
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
This is why a lawsuit is needed. No word from Samsung about ditching third party screens and trying to place the blame on Google is absolutely no ok!
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
SECOND UPDATE: I called a second phone repair place and asked them if they all use pure Samsung parts and she said yes so I brought my phone to the original place that I had my screen repaired and they lied to me saying it was replaced with Samsung but when we had him check it it was a 3rd party screen!! We got him to replace my screen for free! So now everything works just fine so if you recently got it replaced from some place that is supposed to use genuine Samsung products I would get that looked for sure! But this is still grounds for a Class action lawsuit. I personally do not have the smarts for all of that so if any of you do I highly recommend starting that up!
Badiee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Nice! Glad yours is resolved! Mine is supposed to arrive next week to get changed. The OEM screens were backorder so I'm getting a refurbished OEM, let's hope they don't mock that up.