JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Custom Notification tones gone??

(Topic created: 01-31-2024 06:25 AM)
userFayKTfnhUf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Is this setting actually gone for the S24? I can no longer have separate notification tones for my messages and general notifications. So whenever I get an email, amazon order, IG like, food order, samsung SMS message, etc, they all sound the same now.
I'm specifically wanting just my message notification tone differentiated from all the others. 
If anyone know a solution to this, please let me know. Thanks!
110 Replies
SuperOvni
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S24
Thank you very much!!!🫡
0brand1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
How do I change individual app notification sounds on the galaxy s24 ultra? I was able to change this on my s23 ultra in settings, but the option is no longer there. All notification sounds are set to the default sound that I choose on the "sound and vibration" setting. I used to be able to change the sound for individual apps.
0 Likes
MRM22
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

When Samsung switched to One UI6 it removed the option within Google Voice App to change the ringtone/notification sound.  It is now stuck with your default notification sound. This is unacceptable when using Google Voice for work calls and wanting to have distinct sound to ensure proper notification. Please fix this option. 

0 Likes
Seachief
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This a major issue for those many of us hat use Google Voice to receive SMS Text Messages....I can't have just the default sound on every app! I keep looking at my phone and seeing that I have new Google Voice SMS messages that i have not responded to because I can't tell a text from the many other sounds of social media posts etc.

This needs to be fixed on a flagship phone!!!

Konrad999
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Go to settings, notifications, advance settings, and turn on the "manage notification categories for each app" and now you can customize the sound notification for all the apps
faithfulServant
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung, I am unable to change app specific notifications on my phone wpth 6.1. On my s23u running 6.0 I am able to change app specific notifications. Example, with 6.1 Google messages. Unable to select a specific incoming message tone. It will only work on system default. Please look on to this and come to with a fix. As of now my entire phone notifications are the same which is irritating. 
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24

You can do this. Settings - Notifications - Advanced Settings - Manage notification categories for each app. Then you can go into your different apps and change their sounds, etc.

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
faithfulServant
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You are absolutely amazing. Thank you so very much.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

You need to enable this feature you can watch the video to see a step by step process 

https://youtube.com/shorts/8XFajaWrnNs?si=1UFm9U1UffBrCLeX

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
i81hirschibar
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
So I got my S24 Ultra and noticed that my banking app notifications had the same sound as everything else. I like changing those sounds manually to be different and they get my attention. I went into the Apps screen and looked at the specific app I wanted to change sounds for, and the Notification Catergories was gone and I couldn't change the app sound manually. I just found the way to fix that.

Open Settings
Notifications
Advanced Settings
Turn on "Manage notification catergories for each app"

Now you can go to App settings, and open the app you want to change, then open Notification Catergories. Some apps are different than others, but I can at least see and change the sounds for each app I want.