JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN55TU8000FXZA screen dim issues

(Topic created: 12-05-2023 12:47 PM)
Cvickers419
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a dim screen issue. I got this TV in 2020 I believe and it's worked great. But a month or so ago, I paused what I was watching and you know how the screen dims when you pause, well when I went to unpause it, it stayed dim. I talked to Samsung support who told me to do device care and turn it on and off in several different ways but nothing would work to make it go back. I eventually reset it to factory and while signing into several apps, one I went into the screen suddenly brightened back up to normal. It lasted a few weeks or so before it went dim while I was watching something and I tried all the same things I had before with no luck to get it back. My warranty is always over when these tvs mess up and it was used A LOT. It pretty much stayed on 24/7 because I work from home and like the noise in the background and I need a movie playing while I sleep to stay asleep. We also always had it on dynamic brightness as well. Did I just burn it out from the constant play? I'm not sure what else to do here.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
12 Replies
Cvickers419
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I appreciate your help. I guess I left it on too much. I'll see what I can do.
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Lastly I like to further add for future reference how to prolong the life of your Samsung Television with these tips!

For future reference to prolong the life of your Television use Energy Saving Mode. Use Movie or Filmaker Modes. Having the screen on Dynamic Mode or having the Screen Brightness and Back Light all the way up shortens the life of your Television.

Also for future reference that Televisions usually have a finite amount hours of reliable operation. With the LED backlights before they start to exhibit issues. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw when you buy any Television.

You can also find Additional tips online to about the proper maintenance, care, and operation of your Samsung Television.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Television.
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
LED and OLED TVs
@Cvickers419 There are options for having the LED's replaced. Expect to pay on average half the costs to repair the Television that a new Television would cost.

The issue you are experiencing is a very well known and is common in these types of Televisions. If you have someone that is technically inclined and you can order the parts. You can get a considerable savings rather than having Samsung fix it. Or outright trashing the Television.