Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userB9QQP8wfQD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is doing the same thing. It just keeps cycling. I was able to get the tray to open with the remote and remove my disk, but that's all it would do.

0 Likes
userVb9ofc9X33
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5900 is doing the same thing and I live in France. Samsung must find the fault, offer a solution or compensate its victimized customers.

0 Likes
hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

EDIT: Here are other threads I have found on this issue since I posted my original message:

The same issue happening across other deviceshttps://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

Larger thread for the J5500W device that I would suggest following and posting on if you're having the same issuehttps://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/HT-J5500W-acts-like-its-trying-to-read-a-disc-but-h...

As of two days ago, the receiver/blu-ray player keeps power cycling. It will turn on to the black screen with the Samsung logo and after 3-4 seconds it will restart and go back to the black screen with the Samsung logo. This issue has completely grounded my home theatre system. 

I've contacted a Samsung Care Pro and they are aware of an issue that they won't disclose and I'm waiting for a resolution. Has anyone else experienced this as well? Has anyone that has experienced this either remedied themselves or been contacted with a resolution yet? Does anyone know how to perform a factory reset using the hard keys on the receiver? 

Thank you in advance. 

NolaLass
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Loads of people are reporting this from many countries. It seems to have started on 6/17. 

userVFAdLLAcaK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same, mine just started this! Was fine on Wednesday and Thursday it stopped working! Clicks and no sound. 

Options
Home Theater

Yes it's a huge problem for a LOT of people.  Check out the other threads here.  I have the same unit as you do, mine stopped working on the 17th.

We can only wait for Samsung's reply.  

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your reply and I apologize if there is another thread associated with this issue that I missed. This is my first time posting and browsing on Samsung Community. Can you please provide the links to any other threads, so I can monitor those as well? 

0 Likes
CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
userLS5nqofxut
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Appears this thread is closed because it's been "solved" which consisted of them acknowledging a problem without providing a solution yet

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Can you take a screenshot and post it? I have not accepted a "solved" solution from Samsung and this issue is not solved yet. I am seeing that this is still open on my end.