Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It looks like this discussion is still open and unresolved unless I am missing something. I will not be accepting a "resolved" solution from anyone at Samsung until my device is back up and running for at least 24 hours. 

userZzFflXeEw7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Has ANYONE gotten ANY joy from Samsung?? I've even gone as far as trying to contact news outlets to report on the issue because this has been so ridiculous. Hours on email and phone, best I got was "watch this site for your device and eventually we'll have a firmware update" OR "you can pay the shipping to send it somewhere random in New Jersey and maybe we'll fix it." WTAF, Samsung??

0 Likes
userZ2HrCjJbYu
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same here - my BD-J5700 was working fine yesterday (6-21/2020) but when turned on today it started trying to read disc, switching to display photos (the next source), turns itself off and then powers on again (by itself) only to start the cycle over endlessly.  The only way to stop it is to unplug the device.

userVsY31uOees
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same problem started 1 week ago

0 Likes
userVjWtF7cC0p
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

So last night all was fine...woke up this morning, turned tv on, turned sound on and nothing... 

Swapped over to hdmi with the home screen to check settings and would flash from home screen to  samsung logo back to home screen back to logo.... so on and so forth

Unplugged for about ten minutes, plugged in...did same thing

Turned off and did a hard reset using the remote and holding down the square/stop button...still nothing

So is it broke or is there something I can do

userMm4w6xqIZO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Today I have the same problem, also all ok yesterday. Now device loops around trying to load disc even tho none present, then tries to look at Pictures then resets and starts process again. Dodgy update or built in obsolescence?

Anyone with any clues.

usercfXBCGbbxL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here...worked fine yesterday afternoon, then I turned it on again a few hours later and got the constant cycling.

Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I see that I am not alone. My HT-J5500 is also cycling off and on. Is this a special club that I wasn't aware of when I made the purchase? Smiley Frustrated

Editing my post: the ht-j5500 manual states that USB port can be used for updates.

Screenshot_20200623-075036_Drive.jpg

Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm in the US. Nothing new here but sharing info with US members. I started a repair ticket with Samsung. Today (6/25/20), speaking with a Samsung employee, I was notified that my HT-J5500W Blu Ray player was not under warranty and $80.00 was the cost to have it shipped to Samsung for evaluation. She is aware of the international problem but like us, is waiting on an official update from Samsung. I closed my ticket out for now. Tick Tock 

0 Likes
userpuRPyWQj8w
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem