Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userhKrKXDmNJp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Good luck getting a reply from Samsung. This issue has been going on for almost a week now with very little information from Samsung.

If they cared about their customers they would have provided some update on what the problem is.

Options
Home Theater

@SoooThere wrote:

At least let us know what the issue is!

Reading through 174 pages so far on this thread, it looks like there are 2 possible issues;

(1) An auto-update distributed by Samsung on or about 06/19/2020 has caused the problem - or -

(2) An expired SSL certificate has disabled the players from accessing the internet.

So why insn't Samsung giving us an update, certainly they should have been able to determine which  of the 2 possibilities is causing the problem.  So why not give us an update?

Because, whether or not the issue is (1) or (2), they have no way to  introduce a file to fix either one by wifi or USB or DVD disc because the units never come out of their error state long enough to allow the user to select software>update from USB or disc through the on screen menu system.  And they never come out of the continuous error cycling long enough to connect to a network to enable an update over wifi or ethernet.

Like I said before, Samsung has painted themselves into a corner.  There is a door in that corner, though, with a sign on it that reads:

"For authorized Samsung Employees Only.  On your way out, turn off the lights and lock the door behind you"

userHukXmWEvFM
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ours went out at the same time all the others did on the 20th but today Samsung said that there were no issues with our unit. Of course not, its THEIR issue but apparently they must need more sales because they are blaming this mess on our bad hardware! They are washing their hands of this! 

0 Likes
SammySungDaBlus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I called Samsung everyday since 6/18/2020 and today after one full week, Samsung Customer Service says the solution is to unplug the device (no speakers), pack it in a box, and regift it.  Oops, I meant to say get an RMA processed for Repair.  They will email/text a shipping label. 

0 Likes
Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@SammySungDaBlus 

Vent On#

Boooooo.. conflicting information from earlier post about the fix being available Friday June 26th.

Vent Off#

0 Likes
userEVvHXIni6x
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same Problem.  Player constantly cycles when it's plugged in and won't come up.  Why has Samsung not announce if this was due to a firmware update, SSL Certificate issue, etc. and how many players worldwide this is affecting?  Is it even possible to fix being the player never fully turns on?  Will Samsung step up and support their customers to compensate them if the players are truly bricked at this point or do their customers move to another brand at this point?

userKeYo5XGa0Z
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just talked to Samsung Customer support and they claimed a fix would be released Friday for this reboot loop issue.

Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thanks @userKeYo5XGa0Z

2nd report of Friday being the release date. #FingersCrossed

Tired of streaming entertainment from computer to TV.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@userKeYo5XGa0Z wrote:

I just talked to Samsung Customer support and they claimed a fix would be released Friday for this reboot loop issue.

Thanks for the update. Hope this is true.

userJqnUUbFWNX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Would be nice if Samsung actually released that statement in this forum.

0 Likes