Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 12-28-2020 02:02 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
userrtyPDlxe4q
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Good luck...we have been fighting with Samsung for weeks over the same issue.  including more than 15 hours of phone time (mostly on hold!)  Good luck...Case Management is where all complaints die!

SAMSUNG...admit you have a problem with the door design or suppliers glass and take care of your customers!!!

0 Likes
userNZ16Vp1qrk
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Yes, I just had this same problem happen a  week and a half ago to my grandparents!  Same dryer! I called to use the EPP plan I purchased and the service guy said it was customer damage. How is it customer damage?  The dryer was on and drying when there was a loud pop and when the door was opened the glass came falling out. 

Not to mention that when the service technician came to give diagnotistics,  he made my grandmother feel incompetant, by saying that she needed customer education in order to operate the dryer. Samsung 2.jpgSamsung.jpg 

0 Likes
userBtKUlYArKF
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've had my dryer for about a year. I was drying a load of laundry and the glass on the inner door shattered. Now not only do I have a unusable dryer, I have a load of clothes filled with shattered glass. Kinda frustrating for something you pay 1400+ for. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userlq5OuIPjBA
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

The inner glass of our Samsung dryer, we purchased in October 2019, shattered while we were doing a load of laundry today. I have seen other people post on here with the same issue. Very disappointing and now he have glass mixed in our clothes. I assume nothing is covered by Samsung since we don't have warranty on it still. I am surprised this is a common occurence. Anything this can be done to resolve this?

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userguOFVdnp9R
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

D72BF5ED-45BB-4065-B962-551DD4EDCD1E.jpeg

Heard a noise while drying a throw - walked into this...Heard a noise while drying a throw - walked into this...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

userrtyPDlxe4q
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Ours shattered as well on the interior glass while washing a load of towels!!  This happened on Novemeber 23rd and we are still fighting for a refund from Case Management.

The worst Customer service ever and the most difficult process to get a refund EVER!

0 Likes
userhvqbEqifZt
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I was doing my second load of laundry of the day when I heard a bang and found that the inner door of my dryer had shattered spewing tiny glass shards into the load of kids clothes I was drying. Now I'm picking razor sharp splinters of glass out of my infant's and toddler's clothing. Either my dryer is defective or this is incredibly poor product design. 

model number: dv42h5200ew/a3

[edit]

0 Likes