JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 02:43 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
userSsWXJDfOTr
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We just had our inner glass break on our dryer door.  It’s a model DV45K6500GW. How common is this problem with Samsung dryers? Should we get a new door or get a dryer from another brand that doesn’t have this issue?

There are shards of glass in our kids' clothes. How do we get the glass shards out of this load of clothes? If we repair the door will there still be glass shards in nooks and crannies that can get into our kids' clothes next time we do laundry?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, so that I may look into this further please send me a private message with your full model and serial number and pictures of the dryer door? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userSsWXJDfOTr
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

broken dryer door glassbroken dryer door glass

0 Likes
userxzvIKJNla2
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We purchased a Samsung gas dryer in June 2020.  I recently went to remove clothing from the dryer and cut my hand opening the door.  As I looked to see what had cut me, I saw that the door had multiple cracks across the front of the outside of the dryer!

My extended warranty does not cover the repair, so apparently, we are on the hook for it.  This is just not right.  Very disgusted with Lowes, Samsung, and A&E repair.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to review your case. Please send the full model and serial numbers, or a recent ticket number, to this PM Link. If the PM link is not working for you, you can click on my name and send me a private message directly from my profile.

0 Likes
BCarll
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
Dryer door shattered while drying towels. Fantastic. If it's not me fighting mold constantly with the washer (even with door open when not in use), it's something else.
0 Likes
BCarll
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
Yippee skippee20210728_155016_16117.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Can you please send us a private message with the full model and serial of the unit? We'd be happy to look into this case further. http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
BCarll
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
Hi Justin. I've been in contact with Samsung these past few weeks and have had problem after problem in regards to how this issue is being handled. Hopefully it actually gets resolved soon.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I will be happy to look in to your case. Please send your ticket number, or the full model and serial numbers, to this PM Link.

0 Likes