JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 02:50 PM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I have seen on a few posts mate people have the same issue with thinking they had a genuine screen if the fix samsung have suggested with clearing the Google date don't fix your phone I'm afraid you have an aftermarket screen. 

0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
So is samsung in the works of fixing this part of the update or are we **bleep** ?
0 Likes
Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

from the communication I have had with them and from what I've seen from others then I don't think so. Just hoping enough people are effected by this that maybe an independent company steps in and tells them they need to fix it. There will be people like you who had the good intention of buying an OEM but even still it seems highly illegal for them to purposely break our phones with an update. I remember the apple slowing down phones saga and I'm sure they got held to account.

0 Likes
LHendrix
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yea this seems like a huge legal issue
MissKris123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Same issue... updated overnight and now the touchscreen no longer works. Having to use the s pen. This is **bleep**.
0 Likes
Badiee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

None of these workarounds will work until the update is properly patched. My S23 Ultra has been useless since the 6.1 update. This is a serious safety issue if the only way you can access your phone is via the Pen. If someone is in an emergency (either trying to take a call or make it and they only have one free hand, etc.) What a horrible experience.  Of course my S23 Ultra is just out of warranty and still owe on it so it would be nice to get a couple more years out of it. Samsung, you need a patch for this 2 weeks ago as soon as it was released. 

Can a Samsung rep please let this forum know when the update will be patched for the touchscreen and many other issues? 

Stef1028
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Good luck getting a rep to respond to that they've really ****** us on that update. Seems from responses I've seen people post that samsung have basically just said buy a new phone and it's our fault for not having an OEM. 

0 Likes
crazywitchlady
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
After reading through the posts, it occurred to me to go back to the notification I received from Samsung Shop that there is a software or firmware update. This is why I decided to check with the community to find out what this was for. Is this relevant to this post. I am now hesitant to install the update.
0 Likes
Bul3
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
https://xdaforums.com/t/roll-back-to-ui-6-0-from-6-1-on-s23.4665158/ this is the only best fix now and will work .
sleepynick
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Touch screen stopped working, I could use it before the update. Let it update, and now I can only use my pen to use the touchscreen now. 

I saw a previous thread saying this is effecting users with an after market screen. I unfortunately broke my screen. (Thanks cats lol) and I guess the fixer got me an after market screen.

So my question is, 
Is this going to get fixed or should start looking at new phones from companies that won't purposefully brick my phone?