JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Outlook not updating on watch

(Topic created: 11-19-2019 01:00 PM)
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I downloaded the new Outlook app for my Galaxy watch. The watch doesn't automatically update emails, new email only appears on the watch after I go into Outlook on my S9+ and update new emails on my phone. Maybe there is a setting that I don't know about - any ideas?

0 Likes
11 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

What device are you pairing with your Galaxy watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung S9+

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you confirmed the software on the watch and your S9+ is currently up to date to the latest software?

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, everything is up to date.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userz5miiWF3OH Have you tried clearing the cache for the app?

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just did that and it made no difference. 

To sync email on my watch I first have to open the Outlook app on my phone and then within seconds the emails are on my watch. But I would imagine that email should update on the watch independent of the app on the phone, otherwise what's the point!

I'm thinking that there must be a setting somewhere that is preventing this from happening.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do you know if your is a Bluetooth only watch or a lte watch? Also, do you know if your phone has any power save options currently on? 

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I live in New Zealand, I don't think the LTE version is available here, anyway I have the bluetooth only version.

Re the power save options, which ones are you refering to? Outlook is not on my the list of "sleeping apps".

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can also check under Battery Optimization. Also, be sure to check all of Microsoft's troubleshooting. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/mobile-devices-options-on-outlook-com-6777abf4-0430-4392-be... Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes