JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Outlook not updating on watch

(Topic created: 11-16-2019 08:04 PM)
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I downloaded the new Outlook app for my Galaxy watch. The watch doesn't automatically update emails, new email only appears on the watch after I go into Outlook on my S9+ and update new emails on my phone. Maybe there is a setting that I don't know about - any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, so I've found the solution, I went into the Outlook app on my S9 and cleared the data, then when I signed in again it was working perfectly on my watch - i.e. updating independent of the phone.

View solution in context

11 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

What device are you pairing with your Galaxy watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung S9+

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you confirmed the software on the watch and your S9+ is currently up to date to the latest software?

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, everything is up to date.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userz5miiWF3OH Have you tried clearing the cache for the app?

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just did that and it made no difference. 

To sync email on my watch I first have to open the Outlook app on my phone and then within seconds the emails are on my watch. But I would imagine that email should update on the watch independent of the app on the phone, otherwise what's the point!

I'm thinking that there must be a setting somewhere that is preventing this from happening.

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do you know if your is a Bluetooth only watch or a lte watch? Also, do you know if your phone has any power save options currently on? 

0 Likes
userz5miiWF3OH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I live in New Zealand, I don't think the LTE version is available here, anyway I have the bluetooth only version.

Re the power save options, which ones are you refering to? Outlook is not on my the list of "sleeping apps".

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can also check under Battery Optimization. Also, be sure to check all of Microsoft's troubleshooting. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/mobile-devices-options-on-outlook-com-6777abf4-0430-4392-be... Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes