JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 07-16-2020 07:23 AM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
90 Replies
scooby13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

didnt see a link

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Apologies! He linked it with the words "PM Link". lol here's another link: http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

scooby13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

no worries it did not come thru as a link on this end

0 Likes
userj5fD868Yde
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just had the same situation just happen. My daughter opened up dryer and sure enough...glass fell everywhere. This is ridiculous....who designed this.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Is everyone okay?  This is definitely not something that is a regular occurrence.  Could you send me a private message so that I can get some additional information from you? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userqfrF7T5Q2O
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The inside of my glass dryer door just shattered into hundreds of pieces. No idea why - was drying a load of 3 bath towels. Very scary - the inside of the door has jagged pieces and there are hundreds of glass shards inside. I have been on the phone with Samsung for over 2 hours, bounced to several different departments and the best they will do is call a repair tech - all services and parts will be repaired at my cost! This has happened to several others - I can see other posts in this forum.

It concerns me no one is concerned about how dangerous this is. My 13 year old could have been doing laundry! 

Please check your dryers and warn your families - we did not get hurt but it is easy to see how someone could. VERY SCARY.  Terrible customer service response. I will not buy another Samsung product again. Not worth the safety risk given the fact that no one will assist or try to make it right.  IMG_0583.jpgIMG_0584.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am so sorry to hear about this! Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
user0kVvTo7aRd
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
my inside dryer door just shattered was purchased on may , 2020 ...glass all inside the clothes...this is insane.
0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused! Please send me a private message so I can get some additional information from you. http://bit.ly/2tCGnGK

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes