JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dryer Door inner glass shattered

(Topic created: 01-07-2021 05:29 PM)
user2oTX9XZy6G
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Bought a Samsung washer and dryer, had it installed on July 8 2020.  I did 3 loads of laundry over a period of 3 days. On the fourth  did a load of laundry and  went to open the dryer door,  the the inner glass just shattered. mind you I had no clothes in the dryer, just opened the door and glass went all over the place..

I am have problem with getting Costco.com to in contact with what their going to do about the situation.

Is this a common problem with  the glass shattering and innerglassinnerglassshould just return the Dryer and buy some other brand.  thanks

90 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send photos of the damage to this PM Link, and I will look in to this.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if you could send us a PM so we can get this resolved for you!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFxmdS1HhWe
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My mother in-law bought a Samsung dryer about a year ago at Lowes. Last week she heard a loud bang and saw that the door was shattered. She bought insurance on it so she made phone calls, they told her insurance does not cover cosmetic.Nobody was in her laundry room at the time this happened. I told her that this problem also happened to others. Help what does she do now? She needs her door fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
usergZh8svPqHK
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

model #dv48h7400ew/a2

Another shattered inner glass door on our dryer.  The washer has already been replaced due to a recall.   Very dissppointed in our Samsung washer & dryer.  Not a fun way to start a Monday morning.dryer shattered glass 1.11.21.jpg

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Washers and Dryers

Can I have your serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
scooby13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Anybody else have this problem. Opened my door and it just shattered. And now they are saying its not covered in my extended warranty. Luckily my kid did not go open it. If you had this issue what did you do. This is only 1 yr old. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

scooby13
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

dve52m7750v / 0<HIDDEN>

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

I would like to have my specialized team take a look into your case. Please send a message to the link provided by @Anonymous so that we can get some information to set that up 🙂